20080407

Ah Lester DeVoe



Lester DeVoe started to make my Flamenco Negra today. Five more
months to musical bliss and joy! I spoke with Lester Devoe today after seeing my clients and what a wonderfull way to end the day. I have know about Lesters guitars since 2000 Thomas Muchaud told me about Lester and then I found out Ottmar Liebert played Lesters gutiars and when I heard a few from folks that I had meed. I was sold they sound beautifull. Its a 3+ year waiting list and my guitar is now on the bench and being made. It will be a Flamenco Negra with a wider neck 57-59mm nut Madagascar Rosewood sides, back, and fingerboard. flamed neck with friction pegs.

3 comments:

alaskaal said...

Lester just finished my guitar. It is awaiting a Calton case before it ships to Alaska. I too enjoy Ottmar's music. I am looking forward to playing La Luna on my own DeVoe. There is another guitarist, Jin Oki who is very good and plays a DeVoe Negra out of Japan. He has one tune on Youtube and if you do a search his one video will come up. The sound quality is very low but the power of the bass in that guitar comes through.

Enjoy your DeVoe. For my birthday this year my wife ordered another for me. I think this one will be a very traditional blanca.

Al Koenig

v2or said...

They sound so good. I am going to check out Jin Oki.

ronjazz said...

I have two DeVoe guitars: a negra and a traditional (pegs) blanca. Spectacular instruments, enjoy yours!