20080507

the DeVoe Connection Its Nice to be Connected


It was very nice to get this post on this blog from Al. There a connection that we both have and share as well as many others and that is out love for guitars and especially Lester DeVoes. We all know what its like to get on the list. Then wait a few yeas and then get the call to be told "Im starting to work on it" (from Lester) then we cant seep and we just think about it. Its like a long lost lover that we found and will soon see again. I am perfectly in tune with Al's statment bellow. I am so glad for Al. I also cant wait to be one of those who own a Devoe in a few weeks. Lester just finished my guitar. It is awaiting a Calton case before it ships to Alaska. I too enjoy Ottmar's music. I am looking forward to playing La Luna on my own DeVoe. There is another guitarist, Jin Oki who is very good and plays a DeVoe Negra out of Japan. He has one tune on Youtube and if you do a search his one video will come up. The sound quality is very low but the power of the bass in that guitar comes through. So you went with a peg head? I have one guitar with a peg head and have played it since 1972. I love them and they are very easy to tune (and quick). What rosette did you decide on? The first DeVoe that I saw was around 1985 and it had the roses. That is the rosette that I have always wanted. Ever since Lester started working on mine I have had this grinding feeling in my stomach in anticipation. Wow! I know you understand perfectly. We can share this because we have both been there and there is just something nice about understanding because we have shared this and this give us a cool connection.

Al Koenig

Enjoy your DeVoe. For my birthday this year my wife ordered another for me. I think this one will be a very traditional blanca.

Al Koenig

No comments: