20050501

Parking Ticket on a Rain Night in Princeton NJ

Dear Princeton Municipal Court,

I have enclosed my violation fee, however I must say that the way Officer Rasso id # 125 (excuse the spelling but the hand righting is poor and very illegible) was very rude and not acting of a civil servant. It seems that this officer is on a power trip. I have been working in Princeton for almost 20 years and while I have received tickets in the past I was never treated this rudely.
I was working in the Princeton ER and went to start bucks to get coffice to keep some of us up so when your officers bring us people we will be up and ready to go.
There were very few parking spots available so I used one in the back of Starbucks on Nassau St. I was raining very hard and I did not see the sign that said I was not allowed to park in this spot. I was in Starbucks for 10 min when I cam out I had a ticket. I approached the officer and tried to explain the situation and he told me to get back in my car and went on about how he is a nice guy I just need to ask around. I told him I was working in the Princeton Medical Center ER and Princeton House, and just came for coffee and It was raining hard and I did not know that I was not able to park in this one spot the spot next to this was ok I just did not know. I did tell him I was angry about this and this did not seem appropriate. I must say this encounter with this officer certainly put a negative encounter with the Princeton Police department and I find it hard to respect this officer especially. Don’t you have better things to do then give people parking tickets on extremely rainy nights?

A very disappointed citizen,





Victor Tarassov

No comments: