20050725

Vince Nims Rule of Life. I liked ti so I copied it to hear.

VINCE NIMS--MY RULE OF LIFEThe Roamin' Catholic Banana Guy!Serving the Catholic Church through message, music and media!
The following text was written as the result of prayerful discernment. The Franciscan School of Theology encourages students to consider creating a statement, a rule such as this, to mark the primary aspects of one's spiritual intent and aspirations. It's more than this, but it is basically how I hope to live. It's personal but I share it with you in hope of encouraging you to learn how to write your own. If you wish to inquire about the rule, please feel free to write to me.
MY RULE OF LIFE: As I will to live today, and everyday, I make these words my claim, my right, my desire, dear, Lord! Today, and every day, I answer Your call. I wake, stand and go, only to be Yours. You are the air I breathe. Take me. I have no mission, but Yours; no ministry, but Yours; no hope, but Yours; no love, but Yours. Today, and everyday, I will to endure as a father. I will to nurture my child, share my hope in You and seek to be present. I will to speak to my child; I will to listen. I will to love my child--the first ministry you have given me. Today, and everyday, I will to pray. My action is my prayer. My voice is my proclamation. My zeal is my hope. My grief is my appeal. My guilt is my plea. My smile is Your joy. My thought is my litany. My life is my liturgy. My prayer is ceaseless. 12:12 pm will belong to You. At this moment of each day I will to pause and recall Your word that is embedded on my heart, "I urge therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship. Do not conform yourself to this age, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect" (Romans 12: 1-2) I ask You to always lead me to these words. Today, and everyday, I will to be friend and brother. When I can give, I will to give. When I can visit, I will to visit. When I can share, I will to share. When I can comfort, I will to comfort. I will to laugh and ensure that all are welcome to my table. I will to be kind. I will to seek and foster solidarity. My faith is about us. I will to do these things and not ask why. Today, and everyday, I will to work. I will to say yes, before I say no. Where you call me, I will to go. I will to teach, sing and share. When I am done with one task, I will to ask "What next?" Today, and everyday, I will to love myself, my body and my soul. I will to rest, renew, recall and wait. I will to never release the child I am and honor whose child I am. I will to always remember that the love I proclaim to others; belongs to me. Today, and everyday, I will to quell my demons. I will to avoid the toxic nemeses that threaten to detach me from my self, the faith, and You. In me, these will not endure: apathy, hate, wealth, division, lust and isolation. Your grace will be their death. I will to be unbroken, uncontrolled or diminished by their decrees. Your reign will rule my passions. My integrity, Your gift to me and all humanity, will not fade or be taken. Today, and everyday, I will to remember those who have gone before me; My father, my mother, my family, my friends, my Community, our saints; the prophets of hope, service and determination; they are co-authors of my own song. I will to live in gratitude. May Your indwelling presence and grace unfold in my life today, and every day. I will to be immersed in You forever and present to the world for just a time. When I rest with You, oh, Lord, I will my simple words to be: I said yes more than no; I smiled more than cried; I lived before I died; I believed! Oh, yes, I still believe. Today, and everyday, I will to embody and live this rule. Oh thank You, Lord! Thank You, dear Jesus! Thank You, sweet Spirit of Life.
geovisit();

No comments: