20070708

MOTU Ultra Light Wins and Presonus FireBox never even started up


What a day it was hear at Palm Recording Studio, today was time to try out the Presonus Fire Box with the Mac Book Pro 17 for mobile Recording Tomarow and it would not power up. This is due to the fact the Presonus uses 12v to power up the fire box howerver the Mac Book Pro 17in only give out 8v of juce. So the Presonus Fire Box will not power up. "DARN" I was able to get the Presonus for 200.00 brand new on ebay. Well I was up and thinking the mac was dead and had problems. It does but nothing that is not working as it should. I just wish people would tell us useres these things. Well I was all worked up and upset going how am I going to take care of this so tomarow I can record. My wife went to the Apple store in King Of Prussia becase I was so upest. She talked with them two times and came to the conclusin that the problem with with the power in the unit. Taz on of the Creatives at Apple sugested MOTU. Ah those good folks at MOTU (I curenly use the MOTU 828mkII at Palm Recording Studio) they have two units that are Fire wire bus powered the Traveler for 850.00 and the Ultra Light for 550.00 well both are more than what I wanted to pay. Taz sugested we bring back the Presouns and go for the MOTU. We called Sam Ash in King of Prusia and they were open untill 6:00pm and my wife drove over and spoke with some real nice lady in Pro Audo who hooked up the Ultra Light to the Mac Book Pro17 (mine) and it worked great. Ok were home free now and I got up set for nothing. What have I learned from this two things. 1 Do all your home work before you buy your gear. Cheap never works. 2. Stay calm and you will find your way and find the solution. Geting up set only keeps your from finding the way to your creation. Well thats if for now will test the MOTU when it gets home.

No comments: