20051211

Hard Night Back in the ER

Well some of you may know that last week in the ER where I work a young adolescent boy slit his throat in front of many of us that work in the ER. This for me was the most traumatic event that I have ever experienced. I was not particularly looking forward to going back to the ER. When walking out of the parking garage my stomach got tight and I felt sick. I really did not think that I would have to be back in the ER so soon. Well one of my co workers misunderstood what I said when I said “I dont want to work in the ER” as I wont come to the ER, well that put in motion something that I was not in the mood to deal with. A supervisor named M Joe gave me a hard time and that put me in a bad place. To the point that she even called other co workers to say that I was not in the right frame of mind to work with people. I was already caring for a patient in the ER and doing a fine job when she decided to check up on me and call. I have never spoken to this person before and she was asking questions that were degrading and belligerent. Well I wanted to just walk out and quit. I however did not. Instead I called my supervisor and sent them a email, about my experience. I finished up with my pt and had them transported to the appropriate facility. Man can administration be a pain and very un understanding. I think I have had enough for a day. Feel free to share your thoughts.

No comments: