20060225

Good to see an old Friend/ Letting Go/ New Wine

Yesterday for lunch I went to King Of Prussia to see an old friend and my former agent. I was a nice meal, however I found it harder to connect because I feel like I am still holding on to some pain that I am sure that we both experienced. It was like I think my feelings and thought have not been validated or incorporated into there conscious so I feel like we are stuck, I can go on and pretend that what happened and some of the disappointments and false promises never happened or I can let go of it and try again for a new type of relationship. I think what holds me back is my fear of getting hurt or taken advantage. It seems that I have developed a gauge that I use and only really open up around people that I think are safe the problem with that is I know no one is really safe we all humans will blow it so then I ask myself what am I holding on to and the answer to that scares me. “ I am holding on to myself” and as long as I or anyone else dose that thats all you will have is “Self” So as I try to say yes and be more positive I am also going to continue to try to let go of myself and let others in. To do that I must decrease that sounds like a bit of a guy Ive read in the the New Testament John 3:30. So this week I will become and try to meditate on letting go and letting others in and letting God fill me. It will be wonderful to see how God wants to fill me with “New Wine” Have a wonderful day in the Vineyard of Life

1 comment:

v2or said...

You have a good point hear to remember. Its those who can admit it that are our friends and those who cant we need to extend extra grace and love with of corse good healthy boundries.