20060511

DHL Shame on YOU (no better but a bit quicker than USPS)


Well I will put a pic of the box and guitar up in a few days but for now just this. Oh I did not know that ground shipping meant dragging the box across the ground all the way across the country and grinding a few inches off the top and bottom of the box, maybe ground shipping means the carrier will Ground up the package and deliver it to you like ground meat? Well lesson learned never use USPS or DHL. Last week I was out in Bodega Bay CA and shipped about 6 boxed back to NJ from San Jose CA. I used USPS on the way out and they never arrived on time as well as the USPS never knew where the packages were. I was even told a few times that the packages were still in NJ but yet they were in CA in the very warehouse where the person I was talking with was. So I though ok this was no good lets try DHL for the gear and guitar, what a mistake. I received a piece of paper that said my guitar was shipped but not delivered, then I called DHL and they said they made a mistake and that the guitar was in the warehouse but they forgot to put it on the truck. Yeh, I asked the phone person" Is the box ok" I was told yes and they will deliver it tonight (which they did not do) or the next day, which they did but when they arrived I went out with to the van and the box I saw was not in any size or shape of what it looked like when I shipped it. I told the driver that cant be my box and he said yep it is. The box was crushed 6+ inches on the top, crushed 6inches on the bottom, 4 large wholes and many rips and tears in the box. Now that would not be so bad but I did reinforce the box with steal mic poles and package filling. Now for the good part. The inside of the guitar case was broken, hum, 4 chips on the guitar and the case looks like its 100 plus years old, its cracked on the bottom to. at least the neck to guitar is not broken. Well for me its back to Fed EX (shame on me for trying other carriers) more on all of this later but for now I will close my account with DHL and no longer ship packages with USPS. I will put pics up later.

No comments: