20080711

Who can be an artist?

I was thinking tonight who can be an artist? Are there different types of artists? Does one need to get paid and have a fan base, or is it someone who creates from the inside from a concept or feeling it to something that another can experience. Does it have to be bought wanted by another to be art. Well what I came up with is art is something that goes from an idea in the self and is created though, words, actions, creation of a pice of wood, wool, wine, and creates beauty in one form, at the same time it does not need to be beautiful to be art. Does one need to go to school to create art. Art maybe just what we create to express what is on the inside and communicates to others and the self. Just my thought tonight.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I always wanted to be an artist and paint beautiful pictures. But I don't have the talent, so when I found the craft of cross stitching I found that I could take a blank piece of material and just by making little x's I could create a beautiful picture. That was how I created art for myself. I think being an artist is an expression of yourself like you said. I think an artist is given a talent by God to share with others. They don't have to buy it, just listening or seeing your art, can bring joy to others and touch their hearts and souls. It can also inspire people to use their God given talents to touch other lives.