20050806

Some very kinds words that I wanted to share.

This is a letter from a frind who is a wonderfull person who keeps on going and going and trying new stuff and never giving up. I wanted to share this with folks not to say oh look at me and how ... i am but we need to remeber that our lives tuch others and we will never really know the impact we have. so live and be alive and love others well,

Hi,
I was reading your blog about turning 40. I like what your wrote. I hope
that turning 40 isn't something that you're dreading or feel sad about. I hope
that as you turn 40 you remember not only the challenges that you have faced,
but all of your accomplishments as well. I hope you take time to remember all
the people you have helped in those 40 years. Because I know there are many.

I think what makes you a good therapist and a good friend is that you're
real. You don't pretend to have all the answers. You help people by walking
beside them on their journey. I know that there are people out there whom you
have touched their life in some way and you don't even know that you did it.
Maybe they heard you talking about God, or they read something that you wrote
and it touched their heart.

You should be very proud of the man that you are. I know that God is pleased
with you. He knows you have faced some hard times, but you still have faith
in Him, and you continue to tell people about Him. You are one of his special
ones. And I think the way He has blessed you is by giving you a gift of
music. He knows how much you love music and he has given you your talent as a way
of saying thank you. Your gift of music that He has given you, you are now
giving to others. You have given me so many gifts, and you probably don't even know it. The
gift that I will always be grateful for is that you never gave up on me. I
always gave up on myself, and I never thought that there would be someone in the
world who would care enough to walk with me on my journey. But you did and you
continue, and look at all that I have accomplished. I went to the wine country by myself !!! Ok I did put Jesus in the passenger seat, but there were
times when I wished He had a better map.

So my friend as you turn 40, remember it's just a number. Next Saturday,
when you wake up, be happy and enjoy your day. I hope you spend it with the
people who mean the most to you. Have some good food and wine and play some
music, and enjoy life.

No comments: