20060117

The Complete Prisoner 10 DVD Set (My favorite)


This is something I did for myself. I have always loved this show and decided that I would get the complete set. I used to watch this when I was much younger and thought it was so very cool. Well now I own it. I like that this show even thought is almost 40 years old makes you think when you watch it. It came out in the summer of 1968. One of the famious lines is "I am not a number, I am a free man" Patrick McGoohan is the main actor in this series. I hope you can check it out. "...a slice of time with its oh-so-Sixties elements (dig those lava lamps!) and a timeless classic of speculative fiction."--Jesse Shanks, Digitally Obsessed
All 17 episodes, digitally re-mastered and restored for the ultimate in fidelity and clarity.
Extensive bonus features including ultra-rare original footage of the 1966 location filming, the only footage of the original mechanical rover, an alternate version of the episode "The Chimes of Big Ben," cast and crew interviews and more.
The definitive set of THE PRISONER, featuring every minute of Patrick McGoohan's landmark series.
One of the most challenging and thought-provoking television series of all time, THE PRISONER is the strange saga of a former government operative (Patrick McGoohan) sent to a twisted prison called "the village." Known only as No. 6, he engages in a battle of wills with the powers that be (represented by the nefarious and constantly changing No. 2 and a bizarre, chilling presence called "the Rover") that wish to extract his secrets and break his spirit. Digitally re-mastered and presented in its original order, this set includes all seventeen episodes of the unforgettable series that introduced a whole new type of hero to the TV world.

This ultimate collector's edition of THE PRISONER includes a complete bonus disc with a host of extra material, including the rarely seen "Foreign File Cabinet" footage and "textless" intro and outro, original broadcast trailers; original series promotional trailer, a gallery of original production and promotional materials, production stills gallery, interactive map of "The Village" and more.

No comments: